In Case of Emergency, Call 9-1-1
The City of Nelson offers trash pick up to every citizen on a weekly basis. The cost is $15.00 per month and the customer will be billed on a quarterly basis. If you would like to sign up for our trash service, please call City Hall.
Sanitation bills are due by the 15th of each month. The City accepts cash, personal checks or money orders as methods of payment. A drop box is provided at the front door of City Hall for after hour payments.
Please contact City Hall for more information at
(770) 735-2211 or CLICK HERE.
Mr. Steven Chapman is in charge of curb side pick up. Steven has been a long time employee of the City. Gene Chapman assists Steven with curb side pick up.
1. Monthly service rate is $15.00 or $12.00 for 65 years or older. Both rates are billed quarterly at $45.00 and $36.00.
2. All trash must be bagged.
3. Bags must not be over 35 lbs.
4. Limit to weekly pickup of 8 - 13 gallon trash bags or 4 - 30 gallon trash bags.
5. A late fee of $5.00 will apply if payment is received after the due date.
6. Services will be suspended if quarterly payment isn't received before the next billing cycle. The reconnection fee is $20.00 if your service becomes suspended.
7. There is a $35.00 fee for returned checks and/or stop payments.
8. Trash must be placed at the roadside by 12:00pm on the day of your pick up. If you are unable to comply for health or disability reasons, please contact City Hall.
9. Items prohibited are as follows: Paint cans, gasoline, oil, tires, batteries, yard debris, tree limbs/brush, appliances, furniture, building materials, or any hazardous materials and/or chemicals.
1985 Kennesaw Ave.
Nelson, GA 30151
PO Box 100
Nelson, GA 30151
9am - 4pm Monday thru Friday
Since February 14, 2011
Copyright 2021 City of Nelson Georgia. All Rights Reserved.